Lola Page & Menu Set Up
Pages Set Up:
Go to Pages on the left hand side bar of the WordPress installation. There will be a page called Sample Page, delete this.
Now we are ready to set up the pages.
- Go to Pages >> Add new >> Create page
- Enable the Divi Builder
At the top of the builder you will see this:
Go to ‘Load from Library and select the page layout required for the relevant page.
Add all your pages, one by one and load the related page layouts as per the above. Remember to publish each page as you go along.
Add the Category Pages as and load and save the layouts. We will come back to this later, as you will need to set up the categories of the posts layouts first.
Menu Set Up:
This theme has 4 menus:
- Top menu
- Social Menu
- Category Menu
- Footer Menu
Go to Appearance >> Menu’s.
- Create a new menu and name the menu, (We named this menu Top Menu)
- hit save
- add the pages you wish to appear in the main header.
- At the bottom of the screen click Theme Location >> Primary Menu >> Save
Create a second menu and call it Social Menu (This is for the Secondary menu at the top of the screen)
- Create a new menu and name the menu
- Create a new menu,
- Add your social media accounts to the custom links area
- Under the CSS option insert ‘social-menu’ as per the following image.
- Copy and paste the following codes to the beginning of the menu (in the Navigation Label)
<i class=”fa fa-facebook-official” aria-hidden=”true”></i> Facebook
<i class=”fa fa-instagram” aria-hidden=”true”></i> Instagram
<i class=”fa fa-pinterest-p” aria-hidden=”true”></i> Pinterest
<i class=”fa fa-twitter” aria-hidden=”true”></i> Twitter
- At the bottom of the screen click Theme Location >> Secondary Menu >> Save
Menu 4 – Name this menu Footer menu
Add your pages and set the Menu Location to Footer menu
If you get stuck setting up the menu’s, visit this link for a tutorial on how to set up your menu in WordPress.
Now that the menu is set up, we need to set a static front page.
Go to Theme Customiser and select Static Front page, set the Front Page display to ‘Static Page’ and select the home page of your choice in the drop down box of the ‘Front Page’. Then save.
Join our mailing list
RECEIVE OUR NEWS AND THEME UPDATES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX