Blog Boss DocumentationWidget Set Up
Sidebar Set Up:
Go to Appearance >> Widgets
Add the following widgets to the Sidebar (See the area to the left of the following image)
Create 2 custom widget areas (See the area on the right in the following image) – please name these custom widget areas as shown as the theme will pull the information from the widget set up:
About Me Set Up:
- Name the widget
- Copy and paste the following into the top of the text area and set the image heights to 300 and 400px and set the image url from the WordPress Media file.
<img src=”http://your–goes-here.png” height=”326px”width=”488px” />
Add the Simple Social Icon Widget and set the widget up as follows:
Social icons and set it up as per the following diagram (Icon colour: #33333 Icon Hover colour: #d5f5fa)
Bloom Set Up:
The Elegant themes tutorial can be accessed here on how to set up each of these. If you are using Mailchimp, go to the theme options page and add your authorisation key first. This will connect the Bloom widget to Mailchimp.
Import the Bloom json file included in your theme purchase and save.
You will have already uploaded the Bloom plugin and this should already be activated.
In order to set this up, follow this tutorial:
Add a Search widget
Instagram Set Up:
Go to the Instagram settings (on the left menu of your WordPress dashboard) and follow the plugin instructions on the first tab using the wizard to connect your Instagram account.
Save these settings.
Next go to the Customize tab and configure the settings as per the following image.
- The number of photo’s at 7 and number of columns at 7.
- Uncheck all other settings
Category Set Up:
Add a custom menu here and add the menu that you created for you.
Add a custom menu widget and set the menu to the category menu you created in the menu setup.
The additional widgets are arbitrary (Recent posts and archives) – you can add them if you wish.
Create two custom widget areas and add the following. Please name the widgets EXACTLY in bold below as we have, as the theme will pull the information from here and unless they are named exactly, the widgets will not show on the pages and posts.
- Footer Social Icons custom widget: Social icons and set it up as per the following diagram (Icon colour: #33333 Icon Hover colour: #d5f5fa)
- Add another custom widget, name it ‘Footer Subscribe’, add the Bloom widget that you created when you set up for the sidebar. ( use the exact same widget, as the custom styling affects both these areas)