LOLA CHILD THEME Widget Set Up
Bloom Set Up:
The Elegant themes tutorial can be accessed here on how to set up each of these. If you are using Mailchimp, go to the theme options page and add your authorisation key first. This will connect the Bloom widget to Mailchimp.
Import the Bloom json file included in your theme purchase and save.
Use the following to set the plugin up:
You will have already uploaded the Bloom plugin and this should already be activated.
In order to set this up, follow this tutorial:
- Set the optin type to widget on the settings page.
- DELETE THE TEXT IN THE OPTIN TITLE AND OPTIN MESSAGE
- Upload the image as below and as included in your download file.
- Set the options on the ‘Design your optin’ page as per the following screen shot. If you wish to use the colours of the demo use ##ffffff for the background colour and form background colour #ededed and #ffe5e7 for the button colour.
- Save your work
DO NOT REMOVE THE CSS IN THE CUSTOM CSS BOX, AS THIS WILL REMOVE THE CUSTOMISATION.
Sidebar Set Up:
Go to Appearance >> Widgets
Add the following widgets to the Sidebar with 2 custom widget areas – please name these custom widget areas as shown as the theme will pull the information from the widget set up:
- Text Widget
- Simple Social Icon
- Bloom Subscribe
- Recent Posts
- Custom Footer 1
Remember to give your widgets a title.
SIDEBAR SET UP:
To add the ‘Person Widget’ set it up as follows:
Add a simple text widget and name the widget as you wish. Set your image using the following dimensions: height=”300px”width=”360px. The code we used is: (Replace the image url with that of your own in the media library
<img class=”size-medium wp-image-96 aligncenter” src=”https://www.prettywebdesign.biz/Lola/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/me-lola-286×300.png” alt=”” width=”286″ height=”300″ />
Add a description of yourself and save.
Simple Social Icons:
Drag the Simple Social Icons widget to the sidebar and set up as follows. We used #97c7a1 (Fawn green)as the theme colour and #fce9ec (light pink) as the icon hover background colour. Add your social media links as required,
Add the Bloom widget that you created in the Bloom set up:
3. Add a recent posts, category and archive widget as required.
Footer set up:
- Create a custom widget (see at the bottom of the screen) and name it Footer Social Icons. Use this EXACT name. Refresh your screen
- Drag the Simple Social Icons widget to the new widget area
- We used #97c7a1 (Fawn green)as the theme colour and #fce9ec (light pink) as the icon hover background colour. Add your social media links as required,
Instagram Set Up:
Go to the Instagram settings and follow the plug in instructions on the first tab using the wizard to connect your Instagram account.
Save these settings.
Next go to the Customize tab and configure the settings.
- The number of photo’s at 9 and number of columns at 9.
- Uncheck all other settings
Divi Child Theme Installation:
Download onto your computer and unpack the zip file after you have purchased the child theme.
- Log into your WordPress admin dashboard
- Scroll down to Appearance >> Themes
- Hit the button that says ‘add new’ and then the ‘upload theme button’
- Choose the Divi-child .zip file stored on your computer and upload
- Activate the child theme
Join our mailing list
RECEIVE OUR NEWS AND THEME UPDATES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX