Pages Set Up:
Go to Pages on the left hand side bar of the WordPress installation. There will be a page called Sample Page, delete this.
Now we are ready to set up the pages.
- Go to Pages >> Add new >> Create page
- Enable the Divi Builder
At the top of the builder you will see this:
Go to ‘Load from Library’, click on the 2nd tab (called ‘Add from library’ and select the page layout required for the relevant page.
Add all your pages, one by one and load the related page layouts as per the above. Remember to publish each page as you go along.
For the menu’s in this theme we have created category pages and the theme does not use the default WordPress category for the page and sidebar widget menu, although the WordPress categories are used for showing the blog feed on the home page and category page layouts.
Add the Category Pages that you wish to use, load the page layout and save.
Menu Set Up:
This theme has 3 menus:
- Main menu (Top Menu)
- Pages Menu
- Category Menu
Go to Appearance >> Menu’s.
- Create a new menu and name the menu, (We named this menu ‘Top Menu’)
- hit save
- add the pages you wish to appear in the main header.
- At the bottom of the screen click Theme Location >> Primary Menu >> Save
To add a photo of yourself with a brief description, is to do the following:
- Add a custom link and use the # symbol in the url field
- Copy and paste the following code into the navigation label field:
<img class=”size-medium wp-image-96 aligncenter” src=”http://www.yourimage.jpg” alt=”yourimage” width=”200″ height=”175″ /> <p style=”text-align: center;”>This is my blog. I am Sarah. I want to share my news with you!</p>
- Replace the url in the above code with the url that you can find in the media uploads “http://www.yourimage.jpg”
- change the alt code alt=”yourimage”
- Ensure that your image is the correct width and height (See above for the dimensions used int the theme
- Change the text to something about you
- Save the menu
Create a second menu (This is for the top of the page page menu)
- Create a new menu and name the menu, (We named this menu ‘Pages Menu’)
- hit save
- add the pages you wish to appear in the menu.
Create a third menu (This is for the sidebar category widget)
It is important that you add the category pages that you created on the page setup tutorial, as the menu’s will display this layout instead of the default WordPress category layout.
- Create a new menu and name the menu, (We named this menu ‘Category Menu’)
- hit save
- add the pages you wish to appear in the sidebar widget as categories
If you get stuck setting up the menu’s, visit this link for a tutorial on how to set up your menu in WordPress.
Now that the menu is set up, we need to set a static front page.
Go to Theme Customiser and select Static Front page, set the Front Page display to ‘Static Page’ and select the home page of your choice in the drop down box of the ‘Front Page’. Then save.
Join our mailing list
RECEIVE OUR NEWS AND THEME UPDATES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX