Panache DocumentationA Divi Child Theme for Copywriters, VA's & Digital Managers
Page Set Up:
Go to Pages on the left hand side bar of the WordPress installation. There will be a page called Sample Page, delete this.
Now we are ready to set up the pages.
- Go to Pages >> Add new >> Create page
- Enable the Divi Builder
At the top of the builder you will see this:
Go to ‘Load from Library and select the page layout required for the relevant page.
Add all your pages, one by one and load the related page layouts as per the above. Remember to publish each page as you go along.
Edit all areas of the page layouts that you wish to (apart from the global areas marked in green).
Menu Set Up:
Once have done this, go to Appearance >> Menu’s.
- Create a two menu’s – one called Top menu and the other for the Footer menu
- hit save
- add the pages you wish to appear in the main header.
- At the bottom of the screen click Theme Location >> Secondary Menu and allocate the ‘Top Menu’ >> Save
If you get stuck setting up the menu’s, visit this link for a tutorial on how to set up your menu in WordPress.
- Add a menu for the footer menu and do not allocate the location.
- Go to the widget screen and create a custom sidebar at the bottom are under all the sidebars, name the widget and add the footer menu.
Then, go to the Divi Library, select ‘Custom Footer -edit here) and open the sidebar module on the right.
Allocate the custom sidebar you created and save the module, then the page.
You can edit the footer in this layout.
Now that the menu is set up, we need to set a static front page.
Go to Theme Customiser and select Static Front page, set the Front Page display to ‘Static Page’ and select the home page in the drop down box of the ‘Front Page’